Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017 – Hail, Pick-up Sticks, Burn Pile, Sunset/Full Moon

At 4:00AM Sis. Johnson and I were awakened to flashes of lightning and the deafening roar of thunder. I said, “It’s raining” to which Sis. Johnson said, “No, that’s hail.”  And what a hail and rain storm it was. It was so loud and intense that I thought I would hear the city tornado sirens go off at any minute. Thankfully they didn’t go off and I was sure glad there was no danger from a tornado. I didn’t want to go down into our creepy cellar in my pajamas with only a flash light.
Our first assignment this morning was to transplant Impatien seedlings again.  Next we drove the grounds of Old Nauvoo picking up logs, limbs and branches blown down by this morning’s storm, and there were a lot to be picked up.  By the end of the day we had a trailer packed full to unload at the burn pile. 
This evening I was out running errands and discovered a beautiful sunset, and then I turned around and found a beautiful moon rise too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment