Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016 – Cardinal, Mowing

Well, the weekend is over and that means we’re back to our regular schedule of full days of work on the grounds of the Carthage Jail Visitor’s Center.  Sis. Johnson and I finished raking the last of the leaves out of the tulip beds and hedge row. We are very happy that project is over. I estimate we loaded over 30 bags of leave. I spent the rest of the day on the riding lawn mower. Tomorrow I’ll finish and do the touch up work with the weed eater and edger.

Early each morning Sis. Johnson has been waking up to a songbird singing outside of our window. The first couple of times it happened she didn’t know what kind of bird it was but she finally spotted the bird a couple of days ago. Now, Sis. Johnson enjoys the serenade each morning by our resident cardinal.  We know there is a pair because we’ve heard the mate but so far we’ve only managed to see one. This morning I was finally able catch a snapshot of the cardinal.
 
My preoccupation with cardinals, blue jays, robins, etc may seem strange to some people but there is a reason. You see, these birds are not very common in the deserts of Arizona where I am from.  I really enjoy seeing, hearing and photographing them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment