Saturday, July 1, 2017

Saturday, July 1, 2017 - Snowberry Clearwing Moth, Blog2Print, Fireworks

This morning for P-day I was tending our little flowerbed at our home. I was watering, weeding and killing Tomato Hornworms when I saw an interesting moth. It was very large and its wing beats made me think for a moment that it was a hummingbird. As it darted from flower to flower it even looked like it had tail feathers. I got some close pictures of the moth and found out it is the “Snowberry Clearwing Moth” and sometimes called the “Hummingbird Moth.”
The beautiful Snowberry Clearwing Moth was only sipping nectar from the blossoms of the “Blue Salvia” plants. Blue Salvia is a sage, very pretty and fragrant. The moth chose it over every other flower in the garden. He has good taste. 

On occasion our friends and our fellow missionaries have thanked me for my Facebook posts and pictures. I’m delighted my posts on Facebook are enjoyed by so many people but I have a purpose and motive for the time I put into my posts. I’m doing it for my grandkids. Everything I post goes into hardbound printed books. Years in the future those books will be on our coffee table and when one of our grandchildren asks, “What did you do on your mission Grandpa?” We’ll be about to reply, “Here, let’s take a look at what we did in Nauvoo on our mission.”

We received Book No. 4 in the mail today. All of the posts and pictures I put on Facebook are actually pages out of my personal journal. I not only upload my journal pages to Facebook but I also upload them to our Mission Blog: http://davidpamnauvoomission.blogspot.com/
Once my journal is on our mission blog I can go to the company “Blog2Print” and have the blog text and pictures printed into books.


The books are full color 8 ½ X 11 pages, hardcover, and about 200 pages each. Each book covers exactly three months of our mission. About two weeks ago I ordered my next “Blog2Print” book and it got here in only 12 days. This is the fourth book I’ve had printed since our mission started and it covers all of my posts and pictures on facebook from January 1st to March 31st of this year.  Book No. 5 covering April 1st to June 30th has now been ordered and should be here in a couple of weeks. 


This evening after our final performance of “Rendezvous” got out we discovered that Montrose Iowa, Nauvoo’s sister city on the other side of the Mississippi River, was having their Independence Day fireworks display. We got to watch the final five or ten minutes of the show. Even though Montrose is on the other side of the Mississippi, the fireworks displays seemed so close you could reach right out and touch them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment