Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday, May 14, 2017 – Mother’s Day, Roses, Sarah Granger Kimball Home, Phone Calls
We woke up to a beautiful day to honor our mothers.  I honor and revere the memory of my mother, my grandmothers and all the special mothers in my life. I am who I am today because their guidance, training and patience. My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is rooted in their teaching I received at their knees. Of course the Mother in my life that means the most to me and who I love and respect with all my heart is my sweet wife, the mother of our children and the rock solid foundation of our family.


At church today Pres. and Sis. Hall arranged for a long stemmed rose to be given to each of the Senior Sister missionaries after our meetings. The YPM’s (Young Performing Missionaries) were at the ready outside in the corridor with their hands full of roses. When the announcement was made and they walked into the East Theater where everyone was seated there was a loud combined gasp of excitement as all of the ladies saw the red roses being brought in. 
One of the reasons Sis. Johnson and I went with the Van Horn’s to Quincy yesterday was to pick up all of the bunches of red roses for today’s presentation for Mother’s Day. 
After church today Sis. Johnson and I drove over to the Historic Sarah Granger Kimball home to stroll through the flower gardens there. And wow, what a beautiful display of Peonies and other gorgeous flowers in full regalia. 
 Sis Johnson enjoyed her afternoon and evening talking to all of her family on the phone and on Skype or Messenger. Sis. Johnson was great at juggling calls. Call after call came in and several times she had to ask one of her sons and their family to be patient and she would call them back as soon as she finished the current call from another son and family. She is definitely loved by her six sons and their families.
Sis. Johnson also called her mother and wished her a “Happy Mother’s Day.” Her parents, Jim & Betty Burk, live in Mesa, Arizona and Sis. Johnson calls them and enjoys visiting with her parents weekly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment