Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday, November 06, 2016 – Flowers for Alice, Regional – Multi Stake Conference

This morning I delivered a bouquet of flowers to the home of Richard Hancock. The Hancock’s only live two blocks away from us in Nauvoo. (Since I’ve been a florist my whole life, delivering flowers is what I do best.) On Friday Sis. Hancock delivered baby Alice by cesarean, mother and baby are doing fine. Sis. Johnson made a fresh bouquet of pink Alstroemeria for Sis. Hancock. (Since Sis. Johnson has been a florist her whole life, designing floral bouquets is what she does best!) 
This morning we attended the Nauvoo Stake Regional Multi-Stake Conference broadcast from Salt Lake City. The conference was presided over by Elder Ronald A. Rasband of the Quorum of the 12 and it was very good.
The conference had many wonderful quotes, stories and lessons we all need and can use in our daily lives. Unfortunately the chapel lights were dimmed so the video could be seen better and I was unable to take notes. But I do remember some of what we heard.

Elder Rasband told the inspiring story of the Martin Handcart Company as they journeyed west through tremendous hardships:  “. . . everyone of us came through with the absolute knowledge that God lives for we became acquainted with him in our extremities [difficulties].”

“I have pulled my handcart when I was so weak and weary from illness and lack of food that I could hardly put one foot ahead of the other. I have looked ahead and seen a patch of sand or a hill slope and I have said, I can go only that far and there I must give up, for I cannot pull the load through it. … I have gone on to that sand and when I reached it, the cart began pushing me. I have looked back many times to see who was pushing my cart, but my eyes saw no one. I knew then that the angels of God were there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment