Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 – Sprinklers, Sis. Johnson has a cold

This morning Sis. Johnson woke up with cold like symptoms so she didn’t go to work today. The rest has helped, she is feeling better but we decided to skip tonight’s Cast pot luck dinner in Nauvoo. Hopefully she’ll continue to improve and feel up to working and attending our “Sunset in Old Nauvoo” practice tomorrow evening. 
Today is my day to work at The Bushnell House. But, early this morning at the visitor’s center the sprinkler system was running its program and irrigating many of its zones. And, again today, I spent about an hour fixing a half dozen broken sprinkler heads. This time I didn’t get nearly as wet because I found a rain suit in the storage shed. The top half was missing but the lower half worked very nicely to keep me dry.
 

While I was mowing the grass around the Peony bushes at the Bushnell House, there were several flowers hanging right on the ground. It would have broken my heart to have run them over with the mower, so I picked them and brought them home to Sis. Johnson.  Helping Sis. Johnson recover is a much better use of the peonies than letting them get squashed under the mowers wheels.  
While I was mowing the grass around the Peony bushes at the Bushnell House, there were several flowers hanging right on the ground. It would have broken my heart to have run them over with the mower, so I picked them and brought them home to Sis. Johnson.  Helping Sis. Johnson recover is a much better use of the peonies than letting them get squashed under the mowers wheels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment