Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, May 30, 2016 – Rain, Memorial Day, “Sunset by the Mississippi”

Each morning before we leave the house to go to work, it is our custom to check the forecast on the internet to see if we are expecting showers.  This morning’s satellite loop showed no clouds and no rain in sight. Well, we had been working about 45 minutes when we heard the rumbling of thunder. It didn’t take long before Sis. Johnson and I were soaking wet from what the weatherman said was “No chance of rain.”
After the rain stopped I was able to start mowing the lawns. My boss, Scott Higley dropped by and we discussed some of the things I need him to bring me from FM. He said he would bring them by tomorrow afternoon. I asked, Why not this afternoon, on your way home? He said, I have the day off, it’s Memorial Day! What! I exclaimed, I don’t get Memorial Day off. Then he said, No you don’t, you’re a missionary. He’s right; missionaries don’t get Memorial Day off or the 4th of July, or Christmas, or New Year’s Day, or any other national holiday. We’re missionaries and we serve the Lord 24/7 365 day a year.

Tonight we performed in “Sunset by the Mississippi” again. Our first show was last Saturday night and I just found out the attendance was 483 cheering people in the audience, they were a good crowd. 
In tonight’s performance of “Sunset” everyone in the cast did a super job, no miscues, no mistakes and no botched dance routines.  I even got all of my lines right! I still have stage fright but at least I didn’t flub any of my lines this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment