Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 – Broken Sprinklers, Mushrooms, Dump
Early this morning the automatic sprinkler system started its runs.  Sis. Johnson was out cleaning sidewalks when one of the sprinkler zones had a sprinkler head missing. There was a nine foot high fountain right beside the sidewalk. There was water everywhere. We had a river running down the sidewalk and out to the street.


The sprinkler system shouldn’t have been on. It rained over a half inch last night and the automatic system should have delayed the irrigation start time by a day or two. FM subscribes to a service at both Nauvoo and at Carthage. The service customizes the irrigation schedule and automatically adjusts the controller as it receives evapotranspiration (ET) updates via the “WeatherTRAK ET Everywhere™” service.
After I fixed the sprinkler head I was off to The Bushnell House to mow the lawns and clean the sidewalks. On my way back to the visitor’s center I picked up a load of dirt. I need to fill the ruts in the lawn left by the truck and hoist that was used to work on the gutters yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago (Wednesday, May 4th) Sis. Johnson and I filled in a bunch of holes at The Bushnell House and mixed in some grass seeds. Today I noticed all of the grass is up and doing very well.
 
We’ve had a lot of rain lately so everything is wet all the time. I discovered a lot of mushrooms in the lawn this morning. They weren’t there yesterday. They are really pretty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment