Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday, October 02, 2017 – Pulling flowerbeds, Dentist Dr. Max Rodeffer,


This morning we did our usual leaf blowing in all of the high profile areas of Old Nauvoo. The leaves weren’t bad today so we finished rather quickly. Then we went right to work at the Visitor’s Center pulling the four large entry flowerbeds. They are so beautiful that it seems a shame to pull all of those beautiful plants but it has to be done. I looked at my journal from a year ago and the Visitor’s Center flower beds had already been gone for a week. And according to last year we will be planting Tulips, Hyacinths and Jonquils in only 10 days. We’ve got to get on the ball; we still have a lot of flowerbeds left to pull.


Mid-morning I had to leave the crew and drive south 15 miles to the town of Madison. I had a dentist appointment at the office of Dr. Max Rodeffer. For the past six months I’ve had several tooth issues but today I only needed my teeth cleaned. Today, as every time in the past, Dr. Rodeffer, the Hygienist, and the office staff were great. I highly recommend them.


While I was in Hamilton I needed to buy a Cashier’s Check to go along with my State of Arizona Department of Air Quality “Out of State Exemption” application. My car’s registration is due for renewal and since I’m not in Arizona I can’t get the car emissions tested and I have to “jump through a lot of hoops” to renew the car’s registration. 

My biggest problem was finding a bank that would sell me a Cashier’s Check for $9.50. It turns out almost all banks only allow account holders to have Cashier’s Checks. It has taken me three days but I finally found a bank in Hamilton that would let me have a Cashier’s Check.

The drive to and from the dentist took me along the scenic River Road. I was hoping for more fall leaves but unfortunately the weather has been too warm and there isn’t much color yet.  But it was a nice drive anyway.

Back on the job in the Women’s Garden after lunch we finished several flowerbeds. There are several left to pull but hopefully all of the flowerbeds will be pulled in the next few days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment