Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday, October 13, 2017 – Blowing Sidewalks, Planting bulbs at the VC, New Camera


As usual we started our Friday by blowing all of the sidewalks in all of the high traffic areas of Old Nauvoo then we spent some time weeding behind the Jonathan Browning Home and gun Shop. It’s been a while since we’ve weeded there and the weeds were getting tall.

Yesterday the very first of the fall planting of bulbs were planted at the Carthage Visitor’s Center and today we continued this season’s planting at the Nauvoo Visitor’s Center. We planted four large flowerbeds by the east and west entrances to the Visitor’s Center.

 

Richard Hancock designs and plans all of the flowerbeds, the types of bulbs and their color patterns. All of his flowerbeds look great. Today’s bulbs were mostly Tulips with Jonquils mixed in. Plus there was a sprinkling of some other bulb varieties included. This is only the beginning; we have a lot of bulbs to plant by the end of the month.



A few months ago my camera broke. I’ve borrowed Sis. Johnson’s camera while my camera was in the shop. I was very surprised when a couple of weeks ago I got the news from the company I have the extended warranty with that the camera was not repairable. But even more surprising was the warranty company refunded me the entire original purchase price, even though the camera was two years old. Well, for the past couple of weeks I’ve enjoyed shopping on line for a new camera. And, today my new camera has arrived. I’m very happy; it’s like Christmas in October. 


No comments:

Post a Comment