Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thursday, June 9, 2016 – Mission Trg. Mtg. The Millers, Temple

This morning was the first of two Mission-wide training meetings in Nauvoo. The second will be tomorrow at the same time. Elder Gregory A. Schwitzer of the 70 is here from Salt Lake to teach and train us. He is currently serving as an Assistant Executive Director in the Missionary Department and the chair of the Missionary Medical Health Services Division.
Our meeting and training with Elder Schwitzer’s was excellent. The subject he taught us about was “Personal Revelation.” To help prepare us for our training meeting we were all instructed to read a talk by Elder Russell M. Nelson titled: “Epistles of the Lord.” The talk was part of the Mission President’s training in 2015. Very, good training and very good meeting.
Yesterday I mentioned how much I enjoy it when people walk up to Sis. Johnson and I as we are working on the grounds and ask us questions or just talk to us. Well, this afternoon I was on the lawn mower and a man with his family were standing by the sidewalk watching me mow. I had the thought run through my mind, I wonder if he wants to talk to me? Well, he did, he waved me over and I had a nice talk with him and his wife. It turned out this was no accidental meeting. The family was Sam & Bridget Miller from Taylor, Arizona. Our niece, Ruth Gurr live in Taylor Arizona and are good friends with the Miller’s.  Before they left on their Church History vacation, Ruth told them to look for Sis. Johnson and I at the Carthage Visitor’s Center. They did and they found us.This evening we had “Sunset by the Mississippi” to perform at 7:00PM. So, Sis. Johnson and I decided to leave for Nauvoo a few hours early and attend a session at the Temple. We love attending the Nauvoo Temple. It is such a peaceful and serene place to enjoy the Holy Spirit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment