Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday, June 12, 2016 – Teach Lessons, Church flowers, BYU International Folk Ensemble

We’ve been preparing for two weeks and the day of judgment arrived. Sis. Johnson taught the Relief Society and I taught the Priesthood lesson. We estimated that there were over a hundred people in each of our classes. It was a little bit daunting but we made it through fine. 
We both taught the same lesson, chapter 11 in “Teachings of Presidents of the Church – Howard W. Hunter” on “True Greatness.”  I thought I did a pretty good job of teaching my class but Sis. Johnson was exceptional! I was waiting outside of the door as the sisters filed out of the auditorium. I had at least 8 of the sisters stop to tell me what a good lesson Sis. Johnson presented. A few of the sisters still had tears streaming down her cheeks. For the rest of the day as we bumped into other senior sisters they would make a point of thanking Sis. Johnson for such a good lesson.  Sis. Johnson did a very good job.
This evening we went in to Nauvoo again. This time it was to attend a “Sociable” (“Sociable” is what they call a “Fireside” here) held at the Stake Center. Our guest speakers were also singers. We were treated to talks and music by the BYU International Folk Ensemble. Wow, what a wonderful evening of music, stories and testimonies. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment