Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday, June 3, 2016 – Power washing at Bushnell, Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo

Today was another full day of work. After we cleaned the sidewalks and prepared for the guests to arrive at the visitor’s center, Sis. Johnson and I used both leaf blowers to completely clean the parking lot. We’ve settled on cleaning the parking lot every Friday. 
After cleaning and blowing at the visitor’s center I was off to do my usual mowing and cleaning at The Bushnell House. But, today when I finished I tackled a new project.
 
The Bushnell House has two double car garages. Both garages have north exterior wall that receive no sunlight all day. As a result they’ve picked up a very bad case of green moss! My project today was to use the power washer to clean off the moss. I wasn’t sure if it was going to work but it did. The power washer worked perfectly.
 
Tonight I forgot one of my lines in our play of “Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo.”  There was a long uncomfortable pause as I tried to remember my line. After a couple of seconds I remembered the line and was able to finish my part. Everyone in the cast was holding their breath for me until they turned blue.
 
We work with a great cast. Everyone is very helpful and they all work hard to make our productions fun and entertaining. All of our shows are designed to carry a message of faith, hope and a love of the Lord. Our fellow cast members do just that. They are really good. Sis. Johnson and I really enjoy performing with all of them.

Again tonight on our way home from our performance Sis. Johnson said how much she enjoys our shows, being on stage and singing and dancing. She said she would have never believed she would feel this way about being on stage before we got here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment