Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, July 31, 2016 – Sis. Johnson has a cold, YPM’s Hymn, Brickyard, District Mtg. & Dinner

Sis. Johnson woke up “Under the Weather,” with a sore throat and low grade fever, probably a cold. To be safe and not spread her illness she didn’t go to church this morning. I went and thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. We had a special musical number by the YPM’s (Young Performing Missionaries).  They sang “I know that My Redeemer Lives.” 
They sang the song and all of the verses, just as they are written in our hymnal but they put the words to a different tune. It was a tune I’ve never heard before, and WOW, what a powerful and moving rendition of that favorite old hymn. The new tune put so much emotion into the words that I can’t describe what I heard well enough here. You’ll have to take my word for it, the YPM’s and the hymn were great!

Sis. Johnson and I were scheduled to serve at the historic “Brickyard” site all afternoon. But when I showed up to serve we discovered that there were too many couples scheduled and the site leader sent me home to take care of my wife. That was very nice of him and Sis. Johnson is already feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment