Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday, July 8, 2016 – Sis. Johnson’s Birthday, Clean up after storm, Memphis TN North Stake

Happy Birthday Sis. Johnson! You’d think she would get her birthday off . . . no chance! Sis. Johnson put in a full day of hard work on the Visitor’s Center grounds. She continued to clean up after yesterday’s big storm. All of the flower beds needed her personal care as they were full of leaves, twigs and branches blown there by the storm. Sis. Johnson takes a great deal of pride in her flower beds and planters. By hand, she picks out all of the storm litter. Now that she’s done you can’t tell there was ever a storm.

Since today is Sis. Johnson’s birthday you are asking yourself, what did Elder Johnson get his wife for her birthday. Well. . . like the typical husband that I am, I’m scratching my head and asking myself, what did I buy Sis. Johnson for her birthday?  Sis. Johnson said I can call our theater tickets to see “The Hughes Brothers” last night as her birthday gift. Yes, I knew I bought her something. Works for me!

While Sis. Johnson worked on all of the flower beds and planters, I used the leaf blower, rake, broom and dust pan to completely clean the parking lot of debris from the storm. We usually clean the parking lot every Friday anyway but today’s cleaning had ten times more leaves, sticks and branches as a result of the storm. It took me all day.
While I was out in the parking lot I got to talk to a couple of people from Bartlett, TN. They are from the Memphis TN North Stake. They brought all of the Priest and Laurels (66 youth) from the stake to visit all of the historic sites for 3 days here in Nauvoo and Carthage. What a great group of youth and what a great place to take them for their summer super activity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment