Sunday, December 25, 2016

Sunday, December 25, 2016 – Christmas Day, Deer, Sacrament Meeting,
It’s Christmas morning and Sis. Johnson and I got to sleep in. Normally we leave for our Sacrament meeting by 7:40am but today they cancelled our block and moved Sacrament Meeting to 2:00pm. We had a leisurely day; we opened presents, talked to family on the phone and enjoyed the spirit of this day when we commemorate the birth of the Savior Jesus Christ.  
Today’s Sacrament meeting was excellent. We enjoyed listening to the mission choir sing two special Christmas hymns that I love. They were, “When Joseph Went to Bethlehem” from the children’s song book, and then “Were You There?” Sis. Cindy Walker sang a beautiful solo: “Mary did You Know?” The meeting could have been concluded with only the music and it would have been great but we did have talks.
Our two speakers for Sacrament meeting were President and Sis. Hall. And, as much as I loved the music I liked their talks just as much. At the beginning Pres. Hall quipped, I didn’t choose to speak today; I was assigned by my counselors. I looked into their eyes and realized I will speak, “Because I have to.” (Inside joke among missionaries who perform in “Rendezvous.”) It was very funny. 
We had a very nice Christmas. It can be hard to be away from family during this season of the year but we realize how important our service is here. We also realize that our families have given us their complete love and support while we are away. A year and a half isn’t very long when you think about it. We will have plenty more Christmases to be with them but for now, we are where we are supposed to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment