Thursday, August 24, 2017

Thursday, August 24, 2017 – Weed Temple Missionary Housing, Pokeweed Berries & Sis. Spradlin’s Yarn, Tree Limbs Down, FM’s Monument Sign Flowerbed, Lost Name Tag

This evening Sis. Johnson and I got to attend an Endowment Session at the Nauvoo Temple. We missed attending the temple all summer. With our busy schedule and work load it was very difficult to go but now that our performance schedule is half what it was and the work in the gardens is slowing a bit we will be able to attend more often. I will like that.


It turned out that the Pokeweed I was gleefully eradicating was being saved by Sis. Spradlin for its bright red berries to us as dye for her heirloom cotton yarns that she makes. I felt soooo bad; I had to apologize to Sis. Spradlin for the loss of her prize Pokeweed plant. And I was double bad; to make matters even worse, she was going to feature that Pokeweed plant and its beautiful berries in a “You Tube” video about the pioneers of Old Nauvoo and their natural dyes.


 During the rest of our work day we finished weeding and cleaning all of the Temple Missionary housing as well as picking up a lot of downed limbs all over Old Nauvoo. Several of them were very large and required a lot of sawing.


After lunch I discovered that during the day I had lost my Missionary Name Tag. This isn’t the first time I’ve lost it nor will it be the last. Usually it gets knocked off when I’m pulling weeds, hauling limbs or tossing debris into the trailer. It not only happens to me but it’s happened to Elder Cantwell a couple of time too.



Well, I’ve found a surefire solution to finding the name tags. It’s a solution used by the ancients and handed down through the ages from generation to generation; it’s call prayer! Each time I’ve lost my missionary name tag we say a little prayer and we find the name tag. This time when I discovered it missing I said a personal silent prayer to our Heavenly Father to help me find it. Unbeknownst to me, Elder Kyle Johnson, who was helping me look for it also, said his own personal silent prayer. And of course all of the credit goes to our Heavenly Father because he led Elder Kyle Johnson right to the name tag lying in the grass!



No comments:

Post a Comment