Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday, September 16, 2016 – Rain & Cleaning, Fall Leaves, Tours, Sunset, Rendezvous
Our day started with rain that caused Sis. Johnson and I to delay our days work for a couple of hours. But, once it stopped I had help again from my father-in-law, Jim Burk and I got my Friday morning work done in record time.

Sis. Johnson & I are looking forward to the fall season and the colorful displays as the trees change to orange, red and yellow. For the past week Sis. Johnson and I have been surprised to see several trees already turning a little bit to their autumn colors. I thought it took very cool nights to start the change in color but evidently not. So far the night time lows have only been in the 60’s. The very coolest it’s been overnight has been in the mid 50’s, nowhere close to having a frost. Maybe the leaves are changing colors because of the shorter days or maybe there is another reason. I don’t know. 

This afternoon we took Sis. Johnson’s parents to see more of the historic sites in Nauvoo. We toured the Wilford Woodruff home, the Heber C. Kimball home and the Brigham Young home. All three of these men were stalwart defenders of the faith and fiercely loyal to the Prophet Joseph Smith.  All three were loyal, reliable, and hardworking Apostles and all three serve multiple missions for the Lord. 

Tonight we performed in “Rendezvous in Old Nauvoo” again. And, once again we had to learn new routines and dance moves but it all went well. And once again, Jim & Betty Burk were in the audience watching Sis. Johnson and I sing and dance. They’ve enjoyed our shows and we’ve enjoyed having them with us for the past week.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment