Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday, March 25, 2016 – Our Fifth Day at the MTC, Pam is sick

This morning Pam woke up with a back cold. She felt miserable and took medication for her headache, cough and sore throat and went to our first class. After our class we took some group pictures but Pam was done for the day. She went back to our room, developed a fever and went to bed for the rest of the day. 


Today is our last day of “Preach My Gospel” classes. The classes have been great all week and our instructors are phenomenal. We couldn’t have asked for better teachers. Each day all week they brought the Spirit of the Lord to our class rooms, they had enthusiasm for every concept in the book they taught yet they were humble and let the spirit teach through them. Well done!

Next Monday we start two days of intensive “Visitor Center” training.  Then, next Wednesday, we will start our 1200 mile cross country drive to Nauvoo, Illinois. We are looking forward to it.

This evening in the cafeteria the line servers were handing out slices of sausage & pepperoni pizza, Yum! Of course there were several other dinner options but the line of Elders and Sister Missionaries for pizza was all the way back to the door of the cafeteria. I also noticed that for a time there were pieces of pumpkin pie but by the time I got there they had been replaced with something else. But. . . I wanted pumpkin pie so after I got my slices of pizza I went around to the side and asked the line worker if there was any pumpkin pie left, he said yes and got me a slice. That’s when I noticed the pizza boxes. There weren’t a few, it looked like there were hundreds. I asked the line worker, does that box say “Papa John’s Pizza”? She said, with a big smile, we got tired of cooking so we ordered out tonight!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment